Keeworld requires a device with the Android operating system on it. We support Android 1.6, 2.1, and 2.2. Installing on other devices is not supported and we can not help you if you choose to do so. keeworld uses a technology called OpenGL do make sure it can show you your content fast and efficiently. If your device does not support OpenGL (3D graphics), keeworld might run, but it will probably run very slowly. Note that by far most devices currently have this support. We support all screen sizes and orientations.
Note that not all the features that keeworld provides will be available on all devices. For example devices that do not have the ‘Google Experience’ installed on them (no GMail, GTalk, etc…) will not be able to access those Google services through keeworld.
If you have found some issues or want to leave some comments about keeworld, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently known bugs are listed below. If your bug is listed here, please do not contact us regarding that bug as we are already working to provide a fix for you.
- Chat Pocketin does not work in Android 2.1 and up
- Sony Xperia X10 has some serious issues where Sony’s Timescape application has a chance (around 5%) to make your system unstable when using 3D graphics. keeworld uses 3D graphics and can therefore cause your system to stop responding in some rare cases. If this is the case, simply remove the battery and restart your system. Things will be working again after a restart. We recommend not running Timescape or Mediascape at all if possible while using keeworld until a fix can be issued.
- Sony Xperia X10 has some serious driver bugs that cause the system to crash when switching orientation with 3D applications. We have disabled orientation switching on this phone and have forced it to be set in portrait mode.
- Users that have more than one GMail account on their device will only be able to see the mail of their main account in the GMail pocketin.
- On devices with very low memory (such as the HT-03a), keeworld can all-of-the-sudden restart while browsing through the contacts or media pocketins. The technical reason for this is that the Android system shuts down the contacts/media database and since keeworld is accessing those, Android forces keeworld to shut down as well.